Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Baby's Bodyguard

NEWTON, STEPHANIE
THE BABY'S BODYGUARD

A shocking discovery

When an anonymous text message arrives with photos of tiny hands and feet—and GPS coordinates—Florida cop Ethan Clark believes it's a prank. Then he follows the coordinates to an abandoned toddler. Handing Janie Doe over to caring child services worker Kelsey Rogers, Ethan thinks his job is done…until the little girl turns out to be a kidnap victim. To protect the child, Ethan and Kelsey stumble into an investigation that digs up a tragedy from Ethan's past. Will they uncover the truth before the kidnappers bury the trail forever?
 
MY REVIEW:
 
One of the best LI suspense I have read! It starts out taut and the suspense keeps climbing with a succession of heart-in-your-throat scenes. Love the fact that Ethan and Kelsey are already acquainted at the beginning of the story -- in a friendly business relationship kind of way. It makes their developing romance completely plausible since, as in most suspense novels, the story takes place over a matter of days.
 
Newton has created a real emotional conundrum within the pages of her book and I was almost afraid to find out how she managed to resolve it. She did a brilliant job though.
 
The combination of  memorable characters and heart-stopping action made this a fast read and definitely an enjoyable one.

3 comments:

  1. I will have to put this one on my wish list;) I have read another one in the series and really enjoyed it. Thanks for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh -- I think I'll have to read the first in the series 'cause I think I know who it must be about...and that means you'll get to catch up with them in this one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kav, Thanks for the thoughtful review. I hope you don't mind, I shared it on facebook!

    So glad you enjoyed TBB. There are a bunch of books in the EC911 series, but the Clark brothers start with Flashpoint (Matt), then Point Blank Protector (Tyler) and then finish up with The Baby's Bodyguard (Ethan).

    All the best,
    Steph

    ReplyDelete