Friday, December 17, 2010

One Special Christmas and Home for the Holidays


HANNON, IRENE
ONE SPECIAL CHRISTMAS AND HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Irene Hannon explores the gift of love in these holiday stories.

One Special Christmas

It started with her daughter's tummy aches. But Dr. Eric Carlson has more than medicine to offer Kate Nolan. First, he finds a babysitter for the single mom's little girl. Next, he'll mend Kate's tattered heart -- just in time for Christmas.

Home for the Holidays

Sparks fly every time Nick Sinclair encounters Laura Taylor, yet the skittish widow holds Nick at arm's length. Her past has shaken her trust in God…and in love. But a leap of faith could win her a Christmas treasure—a lifetime of Nick's devotion.

THESE REISSUED STORIES FROM THE LATE NINETIES MADE FOR A FANTASTIC HOLIDAY READ. THERE'S NOTHING LIKE THE SMOOTH STORYTELLING SKILLS OF IRENE HANNON. SHE KNOWS HOW TO PACE A STORY, ALLOWING IT TO UNFOLD IN AN UNHURRIED MANNER AS SHE BUILDS TENSION AND DRAMA AND ROMANCE. AND OH MY -- THE ROMANCE -- DEFINITELY TOE CURLING AND SPINE-TINGLING. (BLISSFUL SIGH.) SHE'S A MASTER ARTIST AND I ADORED BOTH BOOKS.

4 comments:

  1. This one looks very sweet! :) And if I can somehow get out of the San Francisco Airport...I'll be "Home for the Holidays," too! ;)

    ~AMber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Amber -- good luck on getting home for the holidays!!!! Well, hopefully you are home and snug in bed right now! Enjoy the time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the lovely review, Kay. And Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kav,

    I'm home now!!! :D

    I got home around 3:30 Saturday morning...

    Long story short--

    Plane from Portland to San Francisco: delayed.

    Plane from San Francisco to Eureka (my destination): delayed continuously, then finally canceled.

    All flights to Eureka Friday night: canceled.

    Told that all flights on Saturday for me would be stand-by.

    Therefore...

    I carpooled with some other people renting a car, and made it home at 3:30 in the morning.

    Sorry that wasn't really the short story! ;) I might have to make this into a blog post, I don't know, because God orchestrated so much and kept me safe all the way home, and I am so, so thankful!

    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!!

    ~Amber

    ReplyDelete