Sunday, June 6, 2010

The Heart's Song


GRIGGS, WINNIE
THE HEART'S SONG

Widower Graham Lockwood hasn't stepped foot in church since he lost his family. So he can't possibly say yes to his new neighbour's request that he lead the hand bell choir. But widowed mother Reeny Landry is so hopeful -- and her fatherless children so in need -- that Graham agrees to help. Suddenly, the man who closed himself off is coming out of his shell. And he finds himself acting the father figure to Reeny's sweet mute daughter and loner son. But going from neighbour to husband is another matter altogether. Until a loving family teaches Graham to hear the heart's song.

A WONDERFUL COMBINATION OF DRAMA, COMEDY AND ROMANCE. THE HEART'S SONG IS A REALISTIC STORY ABOUT OVERCOMING GRIEF AND RENEWING TRUST IN GOD. GRAHAM IS THE PERFECT RELUCTANT HERO, DRAWN OUT OF HIS INTROSPECTION BY REENY'S INFECTIOUS, UPBEAT PERSONALITY. SHE JUST WON'T TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER AS SHE GOES ABOUT LIVING HER LIFE WITH A PRAYER IN HER HEART. PLOT DEVELOPMENT IS WELL-PACED AND BUILDS TO A HEARTWARMING CLIMAX. I COULD EASILY SEE THE HEART'S SONG AS A HALLMARK MOVIE.

2 comments:

  1. I love Hallmark!!! I haven't read this, but now I think I might check it out...it would be really cool if they made some of the LI books into movies *grin* Great idea!

    Isn't it amazing that they use real people for the covers? That always amazes me because the covers are just so beautiful....
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Hallmark movies too, Hannah, and this book would translate well onto the television screen. I don't think they'd have to make many changes to create a script from the text. Sometimes I read a book and just 'see' it like a movie and this is one of those books.

    ReplyDelete