Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Time to Heal


CAMERON, BARBARA
A TIME TO HEAL

He thought he left his enemies behind...and his secrets.

Chris Matlock, a wounded and weary ex-soldier, just wants peace in his life, and he believes he's found it when he visits Matthew and Jenny Bontrager. He envies their happiness and simple life but doesn't believe that that life is meant for him.

When he meets Matthew's sister, Hannah, a small spark of hope flares within him. Despite the clash of cultures between the former military man and the pacifist Amish woman, Chris and Hannah fall in love. Chris settles into life in the community helping Matthew with the farm.

Then the threats begin. At first, Christ plans to leave in order to protect Hannah. Then he discovers who his enemy is and realizes that he must stay and face his adversary, even if it means revealing a secret he hoped would remain buried forever.

I DEVOURED THIS BOOK!!!! I STARTED READING AND JUST COULDN'T PUT IT DOWN. LUCKILY I HAD THE DAY OFF WOK BUT NOW I'M BEHIND ON ALL THE THINGS I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET DONE TODAY!

I LOVE CAMERON'S WRITING STYLE -- SO SMOOTH AND EASY TO READ, THERE'S A LOVELY CADENCE TO HER 'VOICE'. IT MAKES READING A PLEASURE AND MAKES ME WANT TO SLOW DOWN AND SAVOR EVERY WORD.

THIS IS THE SECOND IN THE QUILTS OF LANCASTER COUNTY SERIES, BUT IT CAN EASILY STAND ALONE. HOWEVER, SINCE I READ THE FIRST BOOK, I REALLY ENJOYED CATCHING UP WITH MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS -- ESPECIALLY MATTHEW AND JENNY AND THE KINNER.

BUT HANNAH'S FEISTY SPIRIT PAIRED WITH CHRIS'S WORLDLY BROODINESS MADE FOR AN EXCITING ROMANTIC READ. THERE'S SUSPENSE AND DRAMA AND SOME OF THE MOST TENDER LOVE SCENES I'VE EVER READ. AND THE HOPE THAT ONLY GOD CAN BRING IS LACED THROUGH IT ALL. SUBLIME READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment