Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Montana Rose


CONNEALY, MARY
MONTANA ROSE

Cassie Griffin has always dressed in silks. Her free-spending husband expects nothing less. But now he has died, leaving her unprotected, heavily in debt, and pregnant. As any single woman doesn't remain so for long in Divide, Montana, Cassie wonders if marrying one of the local cowboys might be her only choice. After seeing her choices, she then wonders if joining her husband might be even better.

Red Dawson has always had a soft spot in his heart for Cassie, even though most of the townspeople see her only as a silk-clad china doll. When she's left a widow, only one thing keeps him from immediately sweeping her off her feet -- she's a nonbeliever.

As the other cowboys lay claim to Cassie, the most powerful rancher in the area steps forward to demand what he thinks rightly belongs to him...and the property that goes with her. Red struggles with figuring out what to do but decides he can't allow Cassie to suffer a fate worse than death and marries her himself.

Will Red win over this seemingly fragile and spoiled china doll's heart...and survive her unique brand of ranch help in the meantime? Will Cassie find true love with her cowboy -- and his God -- when she exchanges smooth silk for coarse calico?

EVERYTIME I READ A CONNEALY BOOK I THINK SHE CAN'T POSSIBLY TOP IT AND THEN I READ THE NEXT ONE AND SHE DOES! PHENOMENAL READ!!!! SO OFFBEAT AND FUNNY BUT ACHINGLY ROMANTIC. IT HAS THE MOST INTIMATE, HEART MELTING LOVE SCENE I'VE EVER READ. INCREDIBLY CREATIVE TWIST TO THE CLASSIC WESTERN ROMANCE...IT BOGGLES MY MIND HOW THIS AUTHOR CAN CONSISTENTLY BE SO FRESH! AND IT'S BOOK 1 OF THE MONTANA MARRIAGES SERIES SO THAT MEANS THERE'S MORE STORY TO READ!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Kav, I loved Montana Rose too. I saw it years ago in a contest and I was so pleased when Barbour picked it up from Mary. The essence of Red and Cassie just jumped from the page, engulfing the reader. And then when I read The Husband Tree, I honestly loved that one just as much. So funny (shhh... DO NOT TELL THAT CONNEALY WOMAN I SAID THIS!!!) and totally understandable. What kept them apart, what brought them together.

    And (I've made no secret of this...) I love Silas.

    Love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a sweetheart. Thank you for the kind words. I really appreciate it.

    I believe when you read it so long ago you used words like Sybil and split personality and, well I don't remember, Ruthy, quite the enthusiasm you now seem to have acquired. :)

    ReplyDelete